Integrative Therapy is a technique of care that puts the patient at the center and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences that affect a person’s health. Performing a personalized strategy that considers the patient’s unique conditions, needs and circumstances, Integrative Therapy uses the most appropriate interventions from an array of scientific medical disciplines to heal illness and disease and help people regain and maintain optimum health.
Through personalizing care, Integrative Therapy goes beyond the treatment of symptoms. In doing so, the patient’s immediate health needs as well as the effects of the long-term and complex interplay between biological, behavioral, psychosocial and environmental influences are taken into account.
Integrative Therapy is not the same as Alternative Medicine. Alternative Medicine refers to an approach to healing that is utilized in place of Conventional Medicine. Nor the same as Complementary Medicine, which refers to healing modalities that are used to complement allopathic approaches. If the defining principles are applied, care can be integrative regardless of which modalities are utilized.
WHAT DEFINES INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE
- The patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence health, wellness and disease are taken into consideration, including body, mind, spirit and community.
- Providers use all healing sciences to facilitate the body’s innate healing response.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive are used whenever possible.
- Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry driven and open to new paradigms.
- Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- The care is personalized to best address the individual’s unique conditions, needs and circumstances. Practitioners of Integrative Medicine exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.
In addition to addressing and handling the immediate health problem(s) as well as the deeper causes of the disease or illness, Integrative Therapy strategies also focus on prevention and foster the development of healthy behaviors and skills for effective self-care that patients can use throughout their lives.
Would you like to have a talk and regain your balance and control? Book an Intake Session.
INTAKE 60min ….. € 75,- FOLLOW-UP SESSION 45min ….. € 55,-